Plant Gene and Cell Engineering
The Otava Research Institute offers services with a wide range of research in the field of plant growing and biotechnology. The aim of the laboratory is to increase the diversity and improvement of agricultural crops, which are of great importance in the agrarian sector of Ukraine and beyond.
We study the features and mechanisms of structural and functional peculiarities of special genes in crops in vitro and in vivo. Our quilified team will provide you with the development of molecular markers to select for new high-yield plants with the big content of protein, starch, and some other substances, resistant to pests or tolerance to abiotic stressors, as well as, deployment of methods to identify genetically modified organisms (GMO). Research of genotypic and phenotypic facilities of different crops and their wild relatives (wheat, barley, corn, triticale, spelt, soya, rapeseed, sunflower, potatoes, onion, carrot, tobacco, raspberry, Artemisia, Crambe, Deschampsia, bacteria) can be highly applied in order to receive perspective for agriculture forms of plants.
- Electrophoresis of DNA, RNA, protein in agarose or polyacrylamide gels
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) analysis conventional
- Polymerase Chain Reaction in real time
- Gel documentation photosystem Canon EOS 600D
- DNA purification, cloning, sequencing
- Identification of Psy1 genes alleles responsible for carotenoid accumulation in wheat grains
- Stepanenko O. V., Stepanenko A. І., Kuzminskiy Ye. V., Morgun B. V.
- Biotechnologia Acta. 2017, V. 10, No. 2, P. 57-66, DOI: 10.15407/biotech10.02.057>>>
- Connection between ecological plasticity of elite winter wheat varieties and DNA methylation pattern polymorphism within variety
- Kravets O. P., Sokolova D. O., Berestyana A. M., Shnurenko O. R., Bannikova M. O., Morgun B. V., Kuchuk M. V., Grodzinsky D. M.
- Science and Innovation. 2016, 12(2): 57-67. >>>
- SSR analysis in the study of genetic diversity and similarity of barley cultivars
- Lakhneko O. R., Morgun B. V., Kalendar R. M., Stepanenko A. I., Troianovska A. V., Rybalka O. I.
- Biotechnologia Acta. 2016, V. 9, No. 3, P. 61-68. >>>
- Implementation of molecular systems for identification of genetic polymorphism in winter wheat to obtain high-performance specialized varieties
- Morgun B. V., Stepanenko A. I., Stepanenko O. V., Bannikova M. O., Holubenko A. V., Nitovska I. O., Maystrov P. D., Grodzinsky D. M.
- Science and Innovation. 2016, 12(2): 40-56. >>>
- Comparative molecular genetic analysis between Ukrainian and EU registered glyphosate-tolerant rapeseed transgenic plants
- Taranenko A. M., Sakhno L. O., Morgun B. V., Kuchuk M. V.
- Biotechnologia Acta. 2015, V. 8, No. 2, Р. 52-57. >>>
There is currently no content classified with this term.