Plant Gene and Cell Engineering
The population of the planet is increasing year by year, so the issue of human nutrition is acute and requires optimization as well as improvement in the agricultural sector. Due to the reduction of land resources and current unstable climate, the agriculture faces the challenge of providing people with high quality, environmentally friendly food base.Therefore, in order to efficiently use natural resources farmers need to have new forms of plants with properties that are resistant to climatic conditions, pollution, pests, drought etc. and accordingly give high yield, regardless of conditions.
The Department of Molecular Genetics offers services with a wide range of research in the field of plant growing and biotechnology. The aim of the laboratory is to increase the diversity and improvement of agricultural crops, which are of great importance in the agrarian sector of Ukraine and beyond.
- Electrophoresis of DNA, RNA, protein in agarose or polyacrylamide gels
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) analysis conventional
- Polymerase Chain Reaction in real time
- Gel documentation photosystem Canon EOS 600D
- DNA purification, cloning, sequencing
- Identification of Psy1 genes alleles responsible for carotenoid accumulation in wheat grains
- Stepanenko O. V., Stepanenko A. І., Kuzminskiy Ye. V., Morgun B. V.
- Biotechnologia Acta. 2017, V. 10, No. 2, P. 57-66, DOI: 10.15407/biotech10.02.057>>>
- Connection between ecological plasticity of elite winter wheat varieties and DNA methylation pattern polymorphism within variety
- Kravets O. P., Sokolova D. O., Berestyana A. M., Shnurenko O. R., Bannikova M. O., Morgun B. V., Kuchuk M. V., Grodzinsky D. M.
- Science and Innovation. 2016, 12(2): 57-67. >>>
- SSR analysis in the study of genetic diversity and similarity of barley cultivars
- Lakhneko O. R., Morgun B. V., Kalendar R. M., Stepanenko A. I., Troianovska A. V., Rybalka O. I.
- Biotechnologia Acta. 2016, V. 9, No. 3, P. 61-68. >>>
- Implementation of molecular systems for identification of genetic polymorphism in winter wheat to obtain high-performance specialized varieties
- Morgun B. V., Stepanenko A. I., Stepanenko O. V., Bannikova M. O., Holubenko A. V., Nitovska I. O., Maystrov P. D., Grodzinsky D. M.
- Science and Innovation. 2016, 12(2): 40-56. >>>
- Comparative molecular genetic analysis between Ukrainian and EU registered glyphosate-tolerant rapeseed transgenic plants
- Taranenko A. M., Sakhno L. O., Morgun B. V., Kuchuk M. V.
- Biotechnologia Acta. 2015, V. 8, No. 2, Р. 52-57. >>>
There is currently no content classified with this term.