Fluorescent Probes for Biomedical Applications
Otava Institute has many years experience in the design of fluorescence-based detection products and solving solutions that advance biomedical research. A number of new fluorescent cyanines for DNA detection and labeling have been developed by our researchers.
We carry out design and synthesis of fluorescent cyanine dyes, kits, reagents and analytical procedures for biomedical research. The unique vast collection of dyes allows you to select specific dye for bioapplications with desired characteristics. In total, 2,000 synthetic dyes of various classes covering the absorbance range from 350 nm to 1100 nm are presented in our company’s product list.
Years of experience enables us to serve our customers with products of excellent quality at very competitive prices as well to participate in a number of contract research projects with European and American companies.
Our products are part of the Sigma Aldrich
Completed foreign contract research:
- 2005-2006 – Research Contract with Bio-Rad Laboratories concerning development fluorescent dyes for nonspecific protein staining. USA. “Use of squaraine dyes to visualize protein during separations” // Patent Application WO 2008/027821 A1, 06.03.2008.
- 2005-2006 – Research Project with the Research & Development Department of FlukaChemie GmbH (Buchs, Switzerland) aimed on the “Development of Dyes for DNA Fluorescent Detection in Q-PCR”. “NUCLEIC ACID FLUORESCENT STAINS” // WO2009064943 (A1) 2009-05-22.
- 2008-2009 – Development of the dyes for the analysis of protein aggregation for Enzo Life Sciences Inc. Farmingdale, New York “DYES FOR ANALYSIS OF PROTEIN AGGREGATION” // US2013137112 (A1) ― 2013-05-30
- 2014-2015 – STCU Project №5972 “Development of macrocyclic metallocomplexes for photo-induced destruction of insoluble protein aggregates in neurodegenerative diseases”
- 2010-2012 – STCU Project № 5508 “Development of macrocyclic metallocomplexes – inhibitors of formation of amyloid fibril in neurodegenerative diseases”
- 2011-2012 – STCU Project № 5281 “Development of fluorescent dyes for detection of oligomeric amyloid intermediates in neurodegenerative diseases”
- 2008-2010 – STCU Project № 4936 “Development of fluorescent dyes for specific detection of amyloid protein nanostructures causing neurodegenerative diseases”
- 2005 – Research Contract with Bio-Rad Laboratories concerning development fluorescent dyes for protein staining
- 2005 – Research Project with the Research & Development Department of Fluka Chemie GmbH (Buchs, Switzerland) aimed on the development of fluorescent dyes for the Real time PCR
- 2005 – Research project “Development of photochemically safe two-photon excited fluorescent probes for biological objects detection and imaging” was started in frame of STCU in cooperation with Institute for Lasers, Photonics and Biophotonics (Buffalo, USA)
- 2003-2005 – development of fluorescent dyes for nucleic acids detection in terms of research contract with Research & Development Department of Fluka Chemie GmbH (Buchs, Switzerland)
- 2002-2004 – development of fluorescent dyes for proteins detection in terms of research contract with Research & Development Department of Fluka Chemie GmbH (Buchs, Switzerland). The new Lucy dyes for protein staining were patented
- M.V. Kuperman, S.V. Chernii, M.Yu. Losytskyy, D.V. Kryvorotenko, N.O. Derevyanko, Yu.L. Slominskii, V.B. Kovalska, S.M. Yarmoluk. Trimethine cyanine dyes as fluorescent probes for amyloid fibrils: The effect of N,N’-substituents // Analytical Biochemistry. – 2015. – V.484. – P.9-17.
- W.F. Patton, S.M. Yarmoluk, P. Pandee, V. Kovalska, L. Dai, K. Volkova, J. Coleman, M. Losytskyy, A. Ludlam, A. Balanda, D. Shen. Dyes for Analysis of Protein Aggregation // Patent Application US2013137112 (A1) ― 2013-05-30.
- V.B. Kovalska, M.Yu. Losytskyy, O.I. Tolmachev, Yu.L. Slominskii, G.M.J. Segers-Nolten, V. Subramaniam, S.M. Yarmoluk. Tri- and Pentamethine Cyanine Dyes for Fluorescent Detection of α-Synuclein Oligomeric Aggregates // Journal of Fluorescence. – 2012. – V.22, Iss.6. – P.1441-1448.
- V. Kovalska, M. Losytskyy, V. Chernii, K. Volkova, I.a Tretyakova, V. Cherepanov, S. Yarmoluk, S. Volkov. Studies of anti-fibrillogenic activity of phthalocyanines of zirconium containing out-of-plane ligands // Bioorganic & Medicinal Chemistry. – 2012. – V20. – P.330-334.
- K.D. Volkova, V.B. Kovalska, D. Inshin, Yu.L. Slominskii, O.I. Tolmachev, S.M. Yarmoluk. Novel fluorescent trimethine cyanine dye 7519 for amyloid fibril inhibition assay // Biotechnic and Histochemistry. – 2011, – V.86. – P.188-191.
- K.D. Volkova, V.B. Kovalska, M.Yu. Losytskyy, K.O. Fal, N.O. Derevyanko, Y.L. Slominskii, O.I. Tolmachov and S.M. Yarmoluk. Hydroxy and Methoxy Substituted Thiacarbocyanines for Fluorescent Detection of Amyloid Formations // Journal of Fluorescence. – 2011. – V.21. – P.775-784.
- V.B. Kovalska, M.Yu. Losytskyy, S.M. Yarmoluk, I. Lubitz, A.B. Kotlyar. Mono and Trimethine Cyanines Cyan 40 and Cyan 2 as Probes for Highly Selective Fluorescent Detection of Non-canonical DNA Structures // J. Fluoresc. – 2011. – V.21, Iss.1. – P.223-230.
- A. Rueck, B. Schoenenberger, S. Yarmoluk, V. Kovalska, M. Losytskyy, Y. Slominskii. Nucleic acid fluorescent stains // Patent Application Publication WO2009064943 (A1) ― 2009-05-22.
- T.R. Berkelman, S.M. Yarmoluk, V.B. Kovalska, M.Yu. Losytskyy, K.D. Volkova. Use of squaraine dyes to visualize protein during separations // Patent Application Publication WO2008027821 (A1) ― 2008-03-06.
- V.B. Kovalska, D.V. Kryvorotenko, M.Yu. Losytskyy, P. Nording, A. Rueck, B. Schoenenberger, S.M. Yarmoluk, F. Wahl. Detection of polyamino acids using trimethincyanine dyes // Patent Application Publication US2006207881 (A1) ― 2006-09-21.
- CaryEclipse fluorescent spectrophotometer
- Specord M40 spectrophotometer
- Environmental Shaker-Incubator ES-20 (Biosan)
- Equipment for gel-electrophoresis
- Vacuum equipment and laboratory equipment for chemical synthesis
There is currently no content classified with this term.